I’m absolutely sure that anyone who has done anything online has experienced the frustration of a forgotten password. Here at Mail2World, we’re all about helping our customers get through those inconvenient times. Here is our list of steps for password retrieval and tips for creating a strong password.
- Click the Forgot Password? Link (located beneath the login fields). The Forgot Your Password page will load.
- Type your complete email address (email@example.com) into the Login Name text field.
- Type your Zip/Postal Code into the Zip/Postal Code text field.
- Click the Please click to continue... button. The Secret Question | New Password page will load.
- Type the answer to your Secret Question into the Secret Answer text field.
- Type a new password into the New Password text field.
- Type the new password into the New Password Again text field.
- Click the Please click to continue... button. A confirmation message will appear stating that your password has been changed.
- Click the Please click to login button to log into your email account.
Here are 5 tips for creating a strong password that is easy to remember:
- Use different character classes- Many systems require you to use a variety of character classes. Letters from A to Z are a class, numbers from 0 to 9 are another, and symbols are also a class. Here at Mail2World we give you the freedom to choose your own password combinations but encourage you to use a variety of characters so that your password is difficult to guess.
- Use numbers for words- using numbers for words to create a password provide you with an advantage. First, the phrases are easy to remember. Second, it will be difficult for someone to guess these helpful phrases unless they know you really well.
- Secrecy- Choose word phrases and password combinations that you don’t often discuss. People shouldn’t be able to guess your password just by knowing your favorite saying.
- Separate Words with numbers and symbols- Examples of this are phrases like “mail2joe” or “Kit!2!Kat” are phrases that use different character classes.
- Change your Password often- You should consider changing your password very 30 to 45 days. Changing your password will help ensure your account remains private and secure.
Remember, Mail2World will never ask you for your password. Please read the post on phishing scams for more information on what to lookout for to protect your account.