As 2016 draws to a close, we’re pleased to say that email is stronger than ever, despite increased competition from Instant Messaging (IM) and social networking sites. In the coming year, Mail2World is looking forward to releasing new feature enhancements to enhance your email experience.
So with it being the season for sharing, we would like to share with you some of the exciting email findings that were discovered this past year:
- By the end of 2016, there will be 2.6 billion email users worldwide.
- By the end of 2020, the number of worldwide email users will increase to over 3 billion. Users will have an average of two email accounts.
- Business emails sent and received per day reached 216 billion in 2016. By the end of 2020, that number will increase by an average of 4.6%.
- Mobile email users grew to 1.6 billion and shows no signs of slowing down for both business and consumer users.
- Protecting against malware and viruses remains to be a key concern for business users in the in the coming year. Business are investing heavily in anti-malware and anti-virus protection technology.
- Time spent checking email increased 17 percent from a year ago among U.S. white-collar workers.
- Seventy-nine percent of business professionals check email over the weekend.
- On average, people send 19 work emails on the weekends and this trend is showing no signs of slowing down.
These findings show that email is continuing to grow and will do so into 2017. So on behalf of all of us at Mail2World, we want to wish you and your family a happy and safe holiday season. Have a Happy New Year!